SUMMER 2015 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Drakos DMC Cyprus
For current Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students /or graduating in 2015
Drakos Destination Management Office
To co-ordinate and assist with the management, administration and delivery of projects from client request, to proposal to execution.
- Undertaking a Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Tourism/Business/Marketing/Events or similar
- Excellent use of the English language
- Good knowledge of second language will be considered an advantage
- Energetic, sociable, service oriented with an international outlook
- Good Web/IT/MS Office skills
- Fast learner
- Must be legally allowed to work in Cyprus (EU)
- To assist in the delivery of conferences, events, meetings, Incentive and leisure groups on time within budget and to meet and exceed client’s expectations.
- To coordinate with:
o Transport providers
o Event venues
o Activity venues
o Various Suppliers
- To maintain timelines and priorities set on every project.
- To support team members whilst maintaining motivation and enthusiasm to successfully deliver the project.
- To pro-actively report up on project timelines and activities.
- To drive for excellence in customer service and quality delivery.
- To represent Drakos DMC as and when necessary or appropriate.
- Deadline is Monday 11th May 2015 – applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis
- Please send your CV and cover letter
- Please complete the below exercise and attach it to your email (in Word format)
- Email all to email@example.com with subject “Intern 2015 – Name Surname”
To assess your capabilities please reply to the below SAMPLE CLIENT REQUEST:
A pharmaceutical company from Holland, Orange Pharma, is looking for a destination to organise its annual incentive for its top performing employees and managers. Limassol is on the list as a sunny Mediterranean destination.
PAX: 50 male and female 30-50 years old
Dates: Mid April for 3 nights – 2 Full days
Hotel Preference: 5* seaside resort
Budget: EUR 1,000 per person ex-flights
Arrival transport to hotel by bus
Dinner at the Hotel
Meeting at the hotel conference centre (half day)
Lunch at the hotel
Afternoon at leisure
Dinner in town
Full day activity including Lunch
Dinner at the Hotel
Night out in Limassol private reservation
Transfer to airport by Bus
Please include the following in your proposal:
- Cover Page
- Day by Day overview of the program in point form (Half page)
- Analytical program (1-2 paragraphs per activity)
- Include three full day activity suggestions – (i.e. boat trip, trip to a Cyprus village etc. be creative)
- Three Hotel suggestions (1-2 paragraph description per hotel)
- A restaurant suggestion for dinner in Limassol
- A bar/club suggestion for night out in Limassol
- Airline/Flight suggestions/dates
- Analytical cost analysis and cost per person
- CLIENTS IN TWIN ROOMS
- USE PHOTOS (WEB CONTENT IS OK)
- USE HOTEL WEBSITES AND OTHER WEBSITES FOR MATERIALS/PRICES
- USE SITES LIKE BOOKING.COM OR SKYSCANNER FOR INFO AND PRICES
- ASSUME PRICE PER BUS IS 200 EUROS PER WAY AND FITS 55 PAX
- ASSUME MEETING ROOM IN HOTEL IS COMPLIMENTARY
- ASSUME LOGICAL PRCES PER PERSON FOR DINNER AND NIGHT OUT
- ALL TRANSFERS MUST INCLUDE A GUIDE AT A SAMPLE RATE OF 100 PER DAY/TRIP
- MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE TOTAL COSTS AND COST PER PERSON